Proven multi-disciplinary approach to running creative initiatives.
Strong strategic storyteller. Skilled client liaison, creative director, art director,
copywriter, designer, editor, and illustrator.
San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, 1998 – Present
VintageSpec – Colorado, CO
Created brand identity and systems to launch the company, build awareness
and drive sales. Currently developing e-commerce site.
• Managed and designed project from concept to launch
• Designed marketing collateral
• Directed web development team; managed third-party vendors
Autodesk – San Francisco, CA
Developed motion graphics and short film for annual Sales Conference.
• Creative lead and designer/animator
• Managed designer/animator and sound designer/musician
Gap Inc-Old Navy – San Francisco, CA
Managed in-store displays and promotions, internal initiatives and
communications for Old Navy stores and OldNavy.com.
• Developed concepts and designs
• Managed designers, production staff and outside vendors
OIC – Pasadena, CA, 2002-2003
Managed studio creative team and directed client projects.
• Primary client: Sun Microsystems
• Developed advertising, corporate communications and sales materials in
print, interactive and online
• Art-directed and designed new-business pitches
• Developed new brand start-ups
• Managed design and production teams (2-3 designers, 2-3 editorial and
4-7 production artists)
Other clients: Ablesys, ADX, Blindstitch, Brand Engine, Ask Dr Weil.com,
eSignal, Lenart Studios, Philip K. Dick Trust, Primitivo Wine Bar,
S&Y Asset Management, Sputnik-Inc., UCSF, The Volunteer Center,
Waters Winery, Wildwell Films.
Creative Director, Astro Studios/Astro Ventures
Palo Alto, CA, 1994-1998
Creative lead and director for all new graphic design-related projects.
Initiatives focused on start-up ventures in emerging technology and
• Led concept generation, brand identity, and strategy development
• Maintained consistency of Astro brand and messaging
• Led client/investor creative presentations
• Managed design and production teams (2-3 in-house with multiple
• Clients: Airwalk, Apple, Electronic Arts, Nike, Astro Ventures
Design Director, frog
Sunnyvale, CA, 1990-1994
Integral creative lead on Frog’s brand-development team, charged with
managing comprehensive projects. Integrated brand identity and graphic
design into the company’s expanding client services strategy.
• Strategized, created and ran client presentations
• Led concept development and content creation
• Managed design/production teams, domestic and overseas
• Coordinated communication between product team, photography,
editorial, 3-5 designers, 4-7 production artists, and multiple contractors
• Clients: Avocet, Creative Labs, IBM, Logitech, Packard Bell, Swatch
Art Director, DeFrancesco & DeLuca (Now Sputnik-Inc.)
New York, NY, 1989-1990
Infused enthusiasm for cultural anthropology and current trends into
annual ad campaigns and corporate promotions. Recast old brand
perceptions to reflect current market expectations.
• Led concept development, design, writing, photography and styling.
• Managed 1-2 designers as well as multiple production contractors
• Clients: Associated Press, Burlington Denim, Capezio
Senior Designer, Amrein Pieren AG
Bern, Switzerland, 1988-1989
• Managed and designed projects from concept to production
• Directed photoshoots
• Clients: Suchard Tobler, Ciolina (a couture boutique)
Cooper Union School of Art – New York, NY
BFA – 1982-1986
Major: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark
Minor: After Effects, Final Cut Pro, HTML, Dreamwaver, Flash
Memberships and Affiliations
AIGA, 23 Degrees, The Volunteer Center SF, Bay NVC,
Zenco International. My design and video work has appeared in the
Communication Arts and AIGA Design Annuals, Metropolis magazine
and the StockStock Film Festival
AI, Alchemy, Big Sur, Buddha Nature, Copyright/DRM, Found Images,
Kyudo, Mash-ups, Mythology, Quantum Mechanics, Satire, Sugary
Confections, Shakespeare, Spaghetti Westerns, Spoken Word, The Sunday
New York Times, Tibetan Mysticism, Wikipedia, Zen Meditation.